Delay Service Notifications

I seem to be missing something with the Delay Service Notifications in Checkmk. I have a service that I have added a delay service notifications rule for. I can see in the generated nagios/conf.d/check_mk_objects.cfg file that first_notification_delay is getting properly populated, but the notification is still being sent as soon as the state of the service changes:

I should be able to obtain the same results by setting a number of checks and a retry check interval, but that isn’t where my mind goes when I want to delay the first notification.

Is this possibly because the derived (not sure that’s the right term for it) checks from the check_mk_agent are all passive checks?

It is not that it is passive.

The issue is if the first_notification_delay is less than the Check Interval, it will have no effect. So for first_notification_delay to have an effect, it must be larger than the Check Interval.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.