Sonciwall package update

What is the best way to get the SonicWall package updated to support 2.0? I personally do not have the skill required.

I made the four sonicwall checks 2.0 ready on my github Check_MK-Things/check plugins 2.0 ready/sonicwall at master · Yogibaer75/Check_MK-Things · GitHub

This is not a complete conversation to the new check API only that the checks are running without error also with 2.0 :wink:

1 Like

Wow! That is great!

Thank you so much.

Sorry, one question.

Do I just pull down your version and overwrite the files from the original package? And what path should they be placed in?

The installed files should be on your system inside the folder
~/local/share/check_mk/checks/
With my files you need to replace these four files from the original package.

Just a quick follow-up on this. I have been using this your code now since May and things have been working well.

I do run into one issue with check_mk-sonicwall_vpn where it will return “Item not found in monitoring data” but when I check the connection on the device the tunnel seems fine. And in some cases missed inventorying some tunnels. Admittedly this tends to be on slower connections and I wonder if the SNMP time out before returning all the data.

Not sure where I should be looking to troubleshoot this issue.

J

There is now a v2 Sonicwall Package… Please try that… :slight_smile:

Installed and testing…

Getting a bunch of crashes… check failed - please submit a crash report! (Crash-ID: 01007e7a-4d72-11ec-97ea-00155d140c09) itermetnetlly on check_type=sonicwall_vpn

Hi JDub,
this is from the old check. You need to delete the old check.

I am quite sure I have purged the old check from my system but I am still getting check failed - please submit a crash report! (Crash-ID: 78a70f1a-79fb-11ec-b660-00155d140c09).

Service check command check_mk-sonicwall_vpn

Each of my SonicWall’s has at least 3 site to site VPN tunnels. But it rarely detects them all.