Abillity to designate a resource as a Cluster-resource

At current whenever my (proxmox-)cluster-nodes - which are monitored as indivudial nodes do backups before the old ones get deleted it will cross the threshold that triggers a result.
However this alert is triggered on all nodes.

Wishfull thing is to define a monitored resource as a shared/cluster resource, so that it does not trigger individually per-host, but is converged as one.

How can this be made possible ?

Hi,

clustering services is possible.
In short - you create a cluster object with the clustered hosts and then assign the services you want to be on that cluster afterwards with rules.
After that you need to a service discovery on all hosts and the cluster host.

The result of the clustered service is merged into one service on the cluster hosts with different aggregation options, if there are several different local host backups on your proxmox hosts with indepentent backup results, it may make sense to aggregate these with the “worst” option.
But i have not tested this with proxmox before, so it might depend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks,

With some fiddling around i got the storage now defined as a cluster-resource.

Additional i had to create a rule to define the Aggregation as CMK gave message :

This service does not implement a native cluster mode. Please change your configuration using the rule ‘Aggregation options for clustered services’, and select one of the other available aggregation modes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.