I am trying to setup some consistency checks for data warehouses, i.e. compare the contents with the source systems. What I did so far is:
- created a python script in /share/check_mk/checks
it provides check_info, check_function, inventory function
- extended the agent on the warehouse systems to send information, e.g. the name and the port of the data base it uses. Validated with “cmk -d warehouse”
- extended /etc/check_mk/main.mk so the agent information gets into the inventory of the check
- added a man page in /share/check_mk/checkman
- For activation I called “cmk -II” and “cmk -R”
Now I expected the check to be available in WATO -> Hosts -> -> Services
so I can activate it. But unfortunately it is not available.
(If I insert some faulty code in the plugin this page gives me an error message so I know the plugin has been discovered/parsed)
I have been searching the web for hours without finding a proper tutorial or explanation. It seems to work for everyone that the checks just appear in WATO.
Any ideas what I did wrong or what I need to add?
Thanks and cheers,