Active Directory users & computers

Hi,

Anybody know any plugin or service to extract the total users & computers from a Active Directory?

thanks!

Not a solution post, but, you could solve this in at least two ways. A local check that would use a credential and a couple of simple calls (no formatting presented here):

(get-aduser -filter *).count
(get-adcomputer -filter *).count

Alternatively, using LDAPS, any host with a successful bind and auth, including a manual check from the monitor server itself, could make an LDAP query and retrieve the counts.

1 Like

First option is good solution Assuming I create a script on remote server (Active Directory) with which rule need to use with checkmk to call this script?
thanks

Easiest thing to do is make this a local check. Goes into the local folder ProgramData/checkmk/agent/local folder of the Windows host. You can read the documentation about writing local check here: https://checkmk.com/cms_localchecks.html But, if you get stuck, just let me know and I’ll try to code up an example that does what you’re asking about.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.