Add SNMP hosts automatically based on a Network scan

Hello Everyone,

I have a folder with network scan configuration (ip network, snmp and comunity). Is it possible for Checkmk to find these devices that uses that community and put it on monitoring ? I am interested only in SNMP devices.

Configure the folder properties to use SNMP and not the checkmk agent as data source. All the hosts in this folder will then inherit these settings.
Use the ruleset “Periodic service discovery” to automatically add new services as soon as the Check_MK Discovery check finds them.

The network scan cannot discover services itself. It should set the criticality to something other than “Do not monitor”.

2 Likes

Thanks @r.sander for your fast response.
I got the discovered IP’s added quickly to the folder. Now, I need to manually inventorize each host ? Also, I see a disabled flag against each host.
Also, I get all the hosts irrespective of whether they are SNMP based host or a host on which Checkmk agent is installed. Do I need to use “Never use Piggyback” ?

I also used the Never use Piggyback option but this also doesn’t work. I still see all the hosts whether they are SNMP, just ping only or even with Checkmk agent installed.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong here ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.