After migration to enterprise edition all my performace graphs don't work

After upgrading to Enterprise Edition all my Performance Graphs end at the Date of Upgrade.
Trying to do cmk --convert rrds results in the folowing:
root@checkmk : ~ # cmk --convert-rrds -v

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/share/check_mk/modules/check_mk.py”, line 5274, in

load_module(“rrd”)

File “/usr/share/check_mk/modules/check_mk.py”, line 327, in load_module

execfile(path, globals())

File “/usr/share/check_mk/modules/rrd.py”, line 41, in

import cmk.utils.tty as tty

ImportError: No module named cmk.utils.tty

Whats wrong here?

I’m using ubuntu 18.04 LTS Python Version is 2.7x
I tried to upgrade to python3 but that resultet in different errors in other parts of the system.

thanks for your help

You tried to make the conversation as root.
That will not work. Please do it as the site user.
One other thing you must do before you can convert the RRD files, is to create a rule for the RRD storage.

Search for “Configuration of RRD databases of hosts” and “Configuration of RRD databases of services” inside WATO “Configuration of Host & Service Parameters”.

The strange thing is that you can execute “cmk” as root. In a correct setup this command is not found outside of a site user.

1 Like

Hi Andreas,
thank you for your very quick help You seem to be a realy “early bird” ;-).
The hint with the siteuser resolved the problem with cmk --convert-rrds.
Unfortunatly the data in most of the rrds (especially the Switchports) still stop at april 1st, the date, when i upgradet to cee.

i just tried to create a new site and added some hosts of the original site. here the creation of rrds works fine.
is there a possibillity to transfer all hosts, groups etc. to the new site without affecting the rrds? the problem is, that in the original site there are 338 hosts with about 5400 services. recreating this setup would take weeks

I would look in your upgraded site why no RRD’s are written.
Can you have a look at your converted RRD files. They must be inside ~/var/check_mk/rrd. The old PNP4Nagios RRDs are inside ~/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata
Now the question is why nothing happens there.
If you have a problem with writing performance data then you should also have many error messages about this in your log files.
If you use now the CMC the CMC log file would be a good start.

1 Like

Hi,
i turned on the debug options for rrd-creation.
now i get the following logs from cmc:

Is there a possibility, to build a new site, import all of the hosts, rules etc. from the old site without the rrds and then force the rrds to be created new?

Inside the screenshot are no error messages, all looks good. You have only a mix of PNP4Nagios und CMK RRDs. This can be fixed with a rerun of the convert rrd command from cmk.

Yes this is possible, you can do a site backup without performance data.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.