Agent bakery dummy client with updater, how to do?

Hallo,
what is the right way to build a dummy agent for the bakery to use as first generic target via curl/ wget to pull the individual package in the next step?
Configuring a host for every os and insert the update plugin?

Thanks
Ralf

One agent with only update plugin configured would be enough.
I have such agents in most installations as the “Default” agent configured.

Hallo,
thanks. Means one dummy host too?
Ralf

No - with default i mean the “Generic” agent this one is build with the rules in the main directory.

1 Like

Make sure that the GENERIC agent package does not contain any credentials, just the agent updater plugin and other generic plugins. This can be achieved by not specifying any conditions in the updater configuration rule.

This way you can put that package (.deb, .rpm and .msi versions) on a webserver without authentication and you have URLs for your automatic software deployment tool to install the agent.

1 Like

Ok,
thanks.
How do I build a generic client or does one exist by default?
Ralf

There is every time a generic client. The same as the Vanilla client exists in every installation.

The GENERIC agent package contains all the configuration from the rules that do not have any conditions.
The bakery will build that package for you. Just look for it after baking.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.