Agent bakery: Is it possible to add features to the VANILLA agent?

Hello,

up to now I’ve tried to keep the number of different agents in the bakery as small as possible. Essentially I’ve created all agent rules in the root folder. Unfortuntely this is not possible any more. The number of agents is growing.
Now it’s not easy to find the correct agent to download when somebody other than me intends to add a new host.
So the question is: is it possible to modify the VANILLA agent to add the agent updater feature? So it would be possible to always install this agent – knowing that it will be replaced by the correct version after some time…

Or are there other options to handle this?

Regards,
Carsten

What you want is to download the GENERIC agent package. This one includes all configuration from rules without any conditions.

1 Like

I don’t have a GENERIC package – just the custom built packages and VANILLA. May I need to enable GENERIC somewhere? Or I need to update to the newest CheckMk version (currently I’m using 2.0.0)?

Ok – according to the docs VANILLA and GENERIC should always be present. But I definitely don’t have GENERIC

Oops, I’m sorry… I have GENERIC. It’s listed somewhere in the list of hosts of one of my agents.

1 Like

Because all these hosts have the generic agent package assigned.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.