Agent cashing and CPU Usage by process

Hi Team,

Could you guys help me with this case?

We have some Windows hosts that quite often they get CPU spiking averaging at 100% for hours. We have perceived that our check_mk is not reporting what process is the trouble maker causing that. unless if we jump onto the machine.

What is the best way to capture the process name, pid, and % of CPU usage?

Also because the host was flapping, the agent seems to be not caching other info too? Any recommendation regarding agent cashing?

Really thanks for your help.

Raf

Hi,

it’s not so easy to monitor all processes. But as a workaround, you can download the Agent output an look at the process table. There you can easy detect the process which is cause of the problem.

Cheers,
Christian

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. How do I download it? Or maybe I did not get what download is in this case.? thanks

Hi,
on the Service “Check_MK” there is an action menu (three vertical bars). In that context you will find “Download agent output”. Press this, and you get all information the agent collects.
Cheers,
Christian

Thanks Christian for the help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.