[agent] Communication failed: timed out CRIT

Hi,

I have this situation on many devices in my implementation, the status of the check_mk service shows in the status detail a timeout, and I lost I have this situation on many devices in my implementation, the status of the check_mk service is shown in the detail of State. time out and communication was lost.

I think that maybe this problem is due to network problems, but I don’t know if anyone can tell me why this happened.

And as I tell you, this is a common mistake, this triggers a lot of email alerts, so I don’t want to disable the check, or skip the check in rule notifications, I would like to know if there is a way to disable the alerts with this status (timed out) in my notifications.

Thank you.

I am no expert but i think this error means you set wrong type of agent for your host. Default value is API integrations if configured, else Checkmk agent. So if you dont install agent or no api you get this error. Hope it helps (using 2.0p12)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.