CMK version:2.1.0p16 raw
OS version: Win2012R2

**Error message:

Please enter password for ‘Admin’
[2023-01-31 08:02:04.115552 +01:00] ERROR [cmk_agent_ctl] src\main.rs:29: Erro
r pairing with 192.168.7.2:8000/incomon

Caused by:
0: error sending request for url (https://192.168.7.2:8000/incomon/agent-r
eceiver/pairing): error trying to connect: The token supplied to the function is
invalid (os error -2146893048)
1: error trying to connect: The token supplied to the function is invalid (o
s error -2146893048)
2: The token supplied to the function is invalid (os error -2146893048)

Hello,
I upgraded Agent from old version to 2.1.
After i have this info
Version: 2.1.0p16, OS: windows, TLS is not activated on monitored host (see details)WARN, so I tried register agent , but i have error as above.
Could You plese give me a hint how to solve this issue ??

Thanks

Could you please update the agent to the latest patch level? There have been some tweaks related to this problem since. You do not have to upgrade the Checkmk server, for this (albeit it is recommended), just unpacking the DEB file should suffice.

Hello,
Thank You, I’m just quit new in checkMK world, could you plese describe how to install patch ??

Thanks

There’s quite an extensive write up about updating/upgrading at Updates and Upgrades. It walks through some pre-checks and validation steps as well as the procedure to perform the upgrade.

I haven’t tried the unpacking method that @mschlenker mentions but I’m guessing something like this article may work with extracting the agent file(s) and path from the debian package.

1 Like

Yes, the unpacking link is the correct method.

Updating a whole site is not a big deal, however, 10-20 minutes and minor manual adjustments should be calculated.

Going from one patch level to another one (like from p16 to p20) basically is:

1. dpkg -i checkmk…new.deb
  2. omd stop mysite
  3. omd su mysite
  4. omd update
  5. omd start
  6. exit # leave the site user shell
  7. You might apt-get remove the old Checkmk package when no site is using it any more.

Carefully read the output of omd update, since manual interaction might be needed. For example, some password hash algorithms are soon to be deprecated, affected passwords must be reset before upgrading to 2.2.0.

Anyway: Reading the article on updating and upgrading helps to understand the whole procedure.

hello,
after upgrade to 2.2.0p4 still the same issue