AIX DB2 plugin does not return data

I am trying to use the checkmk DB2 plugin but it only returns the following results. has anyone else had issues with this?

/usr/check_mk/lib/plugins# ./mk_db2.aix
<<<db2_version:sep(1)>>>
<<<db2_tablespaces>>>
<<<db2_counters>>>
<<<db2_logsizes>>>
<<<db2_connections>>>
<<<db2_bp_hitratios>>>
<<<db2_sort_overflow>>>
<<<db2_backup>>>
<<<db2_version:sep(1)>>>
galinst DB2v9.7.0.7,s121002(IP23367)

Hi - I am not a DB2 expert at all; but we are successfully running the DB2 plugin (delivered by checkmk resp. in a newer release at their exchange including a bug fix for DB2 vesion >= 10.5); the plugin is split into two parts called mk_db.linux and db2_mem.

Where did you get the .aix version? Can’t see any .aix version for DB2 in our installation so far. Moreover, is there also a second add-on for the mem-part as well?

The AIX version should be there as “mk_db2.aix” it is the older one i think :slight_smile:
One of my customers is using the DB2 plugin on AIX but i cannot say anything about the setup and versions as I’m not know anything about the AIX systems.

@jstallsmith in your case it looks like it find only the instance and version. I would do a test with the next steps the script is doing in a manual way. Like

db2 list database directory on $HOMEDIR

The homedir can be used explicitly or you try the mechanic from the script.

I get the following error.

# db2 list database directory on $HOMEDIR
SQL0104N  An unexpected token "END-OF-STATEMENT" was found following "ON".
Expected tokens may include:  "<identifier>".  SQLSTATE=42601

The $HOMEDIR is populated prior in the script. I think you can use there the real path of your database home dir.

I am experiencing the same issue with this plugin. I tried to troubleshoot the commands one by one and I did not get very far.
The db2_mem works fine, it’s a very simple and quick script. But the mk_db2.aix does not produce output… beyond what jstallsmith indicated in the original post.

Anyone has had any luck fixing his issue?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.