@tosch is right, but not complete enough…
- If you’re using up to CMK v1.6, you find it in “manual checks”, starting with v2.0 in “forced checks”.
- Create the check with parameter “name of the operating user” and set limits to “3” for all options, if always exactly 3 processes should run as this user.
- If you know the exact processes (not their number), I’d create two of those manual checks:
- first like point 2 above, extended by the process matching and
- second like first one, but this time explicitly matching all processes Not matched by first one, as well as setting levels to “0” in all options
Choosing point 3 above leads to two services:
- first monitoring the NEEDED processes
- second monitoring (and alarming), if user runs other - not wanted - processes of any kind…
Hope this helps,
BTW: try to provide information about used version next time, so that we directly know which hints are needed