Allow certain service 1.5.0p24.cre

Hi abdou.
If you are using the RAW version you have to add the service_authorization=strict variable inside the nagios.cfg file.
I’m using check_mk 1.6.0p8 version, but I think that must be the same for yours.

Use a ssh console to connect to your check_mk server. Then you have to change to your project mk-livestatus directory.
In my case is root@checkmk-server:/omd/sites/Test/etc/mk-livestatus/
Inside this folder you will have the nagios.cfg file. Edit this file using nano or vim and inside the line “broker_module” you need to add the variable.
In my case:
broker_module=/omd/sites/Test/lib/mk-livestatus/livestatus.o num_client_threads=20 mk_logwatch_path=/omd/sites/Test/var/check_mk/logwatch mk_inventory_path=/omd/sites/Test/var/check_mk/inventory pnp_path=/omd/sites/Test/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata service_authorization=strict /omd/sites/Test/tmp/run/live
Save and exit.
At last you need to restart your project, for this use omd command.
For my project: root@checkmk-server: omd reload Test

Now you have to crate the Contact Groups, and then add the Hosts and the Services to that contact groups.
Wato -> Contact Groups (to create the Contact Group)
Wato-> Host and Service Parameters -> Grouping -> Assignment of hosts to contact groups
Wato-> Host and Service Parameters -> Grouping -> Assignment of services to contact groups

At last you have to create the user and add it to the Conctact Group. This option is inside the user configuration page. And change the Visibility of Host and Services to Only show hosts and services the user is a contact for.

I think I did’t forget anything.

I have a Test project with one server and two users to try all this configuration.

1 Like