Analyze configuration Livestatus usage

Hi,
I’m trying to optimize our check_mk RAW performance, especially in WATO since it’s DEAD slow…
Just discovered the “Analyze configuration” feature and one of the things it’s found is:

external CRIT: The current livestatus usage is 100.00% (!!), 20 of 20 connections used (!!), You have a connection overflow rate of 0.00/s (!!)

I was trying to find how can I increase the number of connections but I get nothing.
Could you please advise how to increase the number of livestatus connection limit?

Hi,
there’s a flag num_client_threads in the file nagios.cfg in the directory etc/mk-livestatus.

Karl

Hi, a few days ago I had read here in the forum that the RAW Edition always has 100% livestatus usage on the “Analyze configuration” page.
Sorry, it is a german thread: Livestatus usage

regards
Christian

1 Like

I’ve increased my value from 20 to 50 but it still complains:

CRIT: The current livestatus usage is 100.00% (!!), 50 of 50 connections used (!!), You have a connection overflow rate of 0.00/s (!!)

Is it reasonable to go much higher?

Should it be >= number of hosts or number of services?

I don’t do anything extreme - 58 hosts and 746 sensors in total.

My CMK server runs on Debian 10 with 8 GB of RAM and 4 vCPUs.

Htop never seems to sweat but I can assign more resources if needed.

If you use the Raw edition then ignore these messages. Only look at the graphs for the check latency.
If these graphs stay low all is fine. Also you can have a look at the livestatus connection graph for the amount of connections per time frame.

2 Likes

Hi, could you tell me please where i can configure this value at the CheckMK 2 RAW? I didnt find any settings for the “Maximum concurrent Livestatus connections” or something in the Webinterface but i want to raise up this value a little bit. The directory etc/mk-livestatus including the nagios.cfg doesnt exist. I cant find anything in the web…or is it impossible in the RAW Edition? Thanks a lot!

Solved.
For others who have the same problem, the correct path is /opt/omd/sites/<SITENAME>/etc/mk-livestatus/nagios.cfg

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.