APC Easy UPS in check_MK

Hallo,

ich habe einige neue APC Easy UPS mit einer SNMP Karte (APV9601) und würde diese gerne mit Check_MK überwachen.

Nach hinzufügen als neuen Host werden nur die Services snmp_info und mgmt_snmp_uptime angezeigt. Per snmpwalk habe ich vollen Zugriff auf alle Informationen der USV.

Warum werden mir die nicht angezeitgt? Gibt es da keine vorgefertigten Checkplugins? Bei so einem namhaften Hersteller würd ich das fast erwarten…

Bin relativ neu in Check_MK als seit nicht zu hart zu mir falls ich mich zeitweise etwas falsch ausdrücke…

LG; Thomas

Hi,
you could look here for possible packages to help you : Checkmk Exchange
But on my site it found automatically services,

Best regards,
JF

ok thanx

what services did you found on your site?

Hmmm and you have the same SNMP card?

That I do not know i think they are AP9537 but they should have same OIDs so cmk should find them.

Yes, I thought so too

These are checks for apc devices in my version of cmk. My card is using symmetra checks

Maybe try to find where your OIDs are different than premade checks by tribe

Hello…

Does anyone can help me? i found no answer jet…

This Card uses other MIBs, they are not compatible. My Card uses RFC1628 MIBs and for this device i cannot find a check plugins…

Hello, i found this package (Checkmk Exchange) , that should be a check for my MIBs but after installing it no services are detected at full scan…

Hmmmmmm

Is it compatible with your version of Check_mk? This works on 1.1.12p7 and if you have 2.0 or higher it is high possibility that it will not work.

Well, minimum check_MK Version is 1.1.12p7…

but i think you are right…

The Check Installation should have worked, but i find no services yet…

Did you try something like this from your cmk server?
cmk -vv --check [host]
or try specific plugin on your host wit this command
cmk --debug --detect-plugins={plugin_name} [host]

ergebnis.txt.txt (9.2 KB)

Well, thats the result… spanish for me

Many plugin problems at the start. It is best first to uninstall the added mkp’s.

The most important information for your device is the value the following two OID’s.

• 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1 - sysDescr
  • 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 - sysObjectID
    Please do an snmpwalk/snmpget for these and post the result.

thanx, here is my result:
snmpwalk.txt (11.5 KB)

The walk looks “nice”. The device has no valid data inside the sysDescr and sysObjectID.
But is see the data for UPS devices under SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.33.1

You can now only try to declare the device to not have sysDescr → Hosts without system description OID

Hello, Yes the mkp Package wont work in the new version of 2.0…
at our old check_mk 1…5 the package work well…

Can i migrate the package?

Not so easy, inside your output text files where more than one problematic mkp installed.
For such updates i recommend to download first the package that is compatible with 2.0 and use this version. Most of us “hobby” dev’s have the packages migrated to 2.0 compatible mode or complete 2.0.

With an “cmk -vv …” there should be no messages like “Failed to auto-migrate…” before you take a look at the devices itself.