Archive Statistics sum GB per Day / last 31 Days / last 12 Month / last X Years

Servus,

I am looking for a Solution which we ran on another/old Monitoring Tool for years to move it to check-mk . The old Solution collected with a script the Archive Statistics per Day . This Data was written into an Oracle DB and then could be shown via a custom SQLs as 3 Bar time Charts . ( Last 31 Days, Last 12 Month, Last X Years → all taken from raw Data with sum(max from day) .

To collect the Metric is no problem at all, but then the “problems/questions” start’s .

There is no sum aggregate rrd configuration possible without breaking my head .

As the Data is not very much, i thought i could create a rrd rule for that service which hold the raw Data for much longer and maybe no aggregation at all ? ( It is 1 Value per Day ( the total from yesterday) ) . Connect it with Grafana and hope i could aggregate from raw Data to show the correct Data ? . The old script did also output the Archive Date ( current Date -1 ) , and the custom oracle sql did use this Date instead of the “inserted Data Timestamp” .

Currently there is very little grafana or influxdb skills available . Only a small test docker with grafana and the check-mk plugin.

Currently we do not have other requirements to run a time series DB or grafana, but this might change anyway.

It would be great if someone had some similar requirement and give me some hints what is possible .

Best regards, Dietmar

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.