Automatic Agent Updater in distributed monitoring

As I mentioned in my other Topic I have installed a checkmk site on a linux centos8 system in azure. Now I’am trying to install the automatic update for the agents. On my Main site I was able to sucessfully register my checkmk server with cmk-update-agent register -v

When I try the same on my checkmk server in azure (the remote-site server) then I get an error:
From the Error I can see, that the remote-site want’s to register at the deployment server and that server is located on my main checkmk server.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Ist it possible / advisable to push agent updates over the internet to my azure vm’s? If yes I assume that I have to make an outbound rule for 443 for register?
  2. Can I install a second deployment server on the remote-site checkmk server, so that the vm’s in azure do not have to connect over the internet to my main checkmk server? How can I do that?

There is no method for pushing agent updates and for a really good reason. Agent updates have to be pulled by the client always.

Yes, that is possible. Refer to the documentation or request support from the tribe.

Hello,

You also could proxy the agent update on your remote site.
That may help:
https://kb.checkmk.com/display/KB/Distributed+Agent+Bakery

regards

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.