Azure Agent is replacing native checkmk agent monitoring

Attempting to use Microsoft Azure datasource (1.6.0p11).
I ALSO have my critical Azure VMs being monitored as traditional check_mk hosts using the traditional windows check_mk agent with a child checkmk server running as a linux VM inside Azure.

Created a host without an IP and matching the resource group name as the hostname (match case as well).
If I tie the rule to the explicit hostname (myresourcegroup) I get no services back, and the resourcegroup (WATO services) complains about [piggyback] source ‘vmname1’ not sending piggyback data (for all the VMs that I have configured as monitored hosts).

If I don’t explicitly specify the resourcegroup as the host for the datasource, then the Azure agent information REPLACES the native check_mk service checks (no longer can check windows services, cpu, drive sizes etc using the native windows checkmk agent).

This behavior seems not in line with the rule - which states the default behavior would be to tie the azure agent services ONLY to the matching resource group host, not the individual VMs that are being monitored

For my Azure monitoring, i also used a Linux VM inside Azure.
The agent is bound to one virtual Azure host inside CMK.
On this host you should only see exactly one service Azure Agent Info.
Now you create a host object for every resource group you want to monitor.
This resource group should be setup with “no agent” and “no snmp”.
The documentation here https://checkmk.com/cms_monitoring_azure.html#Make%20resource%20groups%20available%20as%20hosts gives also some tips how to find the resource group name as it is used inside the system as hostname (find_piggy_orphans).

Now you should see on every resource group some services.

Boa tarde amigos. Eu ainda não estou conseguindo muito bem o que está acontecendo. Vou descrever os passos que fiz aqui abaixo e depois descrever o que está acontecendo.

1. Fiz as configurações na Azure e estou com todas as informações de Subscription ID, Tenant ID, Client ID e Client Secret. As configurações foram feitas conforme a documentação Aqui

2. Criei um nono host no check_mk e o nome do mesmo é exatamente o nome do resource group da Azure. Configuração feita também de acordo com a documentação já supracitada.

3. Quando salvo a Regra criada em Parâmetros de serviço e host Programs Programas de fonte de dados ➳ Microsoft Azure. Todos os outros hosts já configurados no check_mk ficam com status Down e recebem um alerta CRIT chamado [Especial_Azure].

Outro detalhe estranho demais é que via terminal (console linux) do servidor do Check_MK no diretório: /opt/omd/sites/check_mk/tmp/check_mk/piggyback eu encontrei um diretório criado automaticamente com o mesmo nome do meu host/resource group e lá dentro é criado um arquivo com todos os meus hosts na medida em que eles vão recebendo o [Especial_Azure].

1. Sobre utilizar o script find_piggy_orphans, que está no diretório /opt/omd/sites/check_mk/share/doc/check_mk/treasures/ ele me mostra o erro lq: command not found e não faço a mínima ideia de como executar o comando lq.

A versão do Check_MK que estou utilizando é Raw 15.0p20

Se puderem me ajudar ficarei muito grato. Desde já agradeço!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.