Best way to get rid warn message "Exceeding: flush" on Raspberry Pi computers

CMK version: 2.1.0p9
OS version: Debian GNU/Linux 11.5

Error message: Mount options of /boot, Exceeding: flush

I monitor about 15 Raspberry Pi Computers, two of them Raspberry Pi 4. After updating the kernel and rebooting Check-MK displays a warning for them: Mount options of /boot, Exceeding: flush

Searching the internet I found this thread on the Raspberry Pi forum and removed flush from /etc/fstab even though it might be better to keep it at least on the two RPi4.

(Un-)fortunately this entry was added again just while getting the next kernel. So maybe I should keep the entry. What would be the best way to get rid of the warning?

Best
sok

The “Mount options” check remembers the exact option set from the time of discovery. Any later change (additional unexpected options or missing expected options) will result in a warning. This can be helpful to be warned about an unexpected “read-only” mount option which can happen due do filesystem errors.

If (as in your case) the “exceeding” option is in fact expected/desired (with the new kernel), then you need to re-discover the service to make the check “learn” the current options as OK.

Service discovery for that host > mark the “filesystem … mount options” as undecided > move it back to monitored.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.