Cannot acknowledge service problem via REST API

I had an old method that used clunky HTTP method (but it worked) after my scripted automation creates tickets for unacknowledged problems. It no longer works after upgrading to 2.0 (I figured as much, but was thrilled to see a full REST API was implemented!)

Once the ticket is assigned, I want to acknowledge it.

I used the Swagger UI to test it using the “Try it” function. I get a Code 204 response, indicating success, but no acknowledgement is created.

I’m running 2.0.0p4

just a follow-up. We are running 2.0.0p4 RAW edition using distributed monitoring
Using the “service acknowledgement API” /api/v0/domain-types/acknowledge/collections/service

I tried it in my automation outside of swagger, and it looks like it “partially” works, but not for any distributed monitoring (child sites)

I always get response codes of 204, however the comments/acknowledgement ONLY appear to show up for services that are on the parent site (the one I am hitting the API on). the child sites (they also get a 204 response code) but remain unacknowledged, and with no comments. To be clear - we don’t have access to the child sites from our automation. The firewall rules ONLY allow the parent/child to talk to each-other for security reasons. But we are able to properly acknowledge services of child sites through the parent GUI, just not through the parent API.

Any ideas?

One of our engineers recently updated our parent and child sites to 2.0.0p9 RAW.

I just checked, and it appears all API calls (even for child sites) seems to be working…

Not sure which version update fixed this issue, but it DOES appear to be working now.

Hi @pdrangeid,
thanks for the follow up. The reason it works now is probably this Werk (Bugfix) from Checkmk that got introduced in the Checkmk 2.0.0p9 version. API: modification of acknowledgement endpoint to allow management in distributed setup

Would you share which ticket system you are currently using? I’m curious what you are using. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Greets Norm

Norm,

We are using RangerMSP (fka CommitCRM) - not much native integration there.

I’ve been using an opensource graph database (Neo4j) to build integrations. So I use the cmk API to query unacknowledged problems over 15 mins old, and I build a ticketing queue.

I use Pentaho Data Integrations (PDI/Kettle) to manage the ETL between my systems.

I’ve documented a bit of it here:

I also use this system to ensure that infrastructure class assets in our asset management are present and monitoring within checkMK (and our other tools like Ninja for RMM).

If anyone is interested in getting checkmk data into a neo4j graph database I could probably put together a how-to.

1 Like

Hi @pdrangeid
thanks for sharing.

I’ve never heard of this software stack before. So thanks for giving some details.

Greetings Norm

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.