Can't download agents anymore after upgrade to 2.1p12

CMK version: 2.1.0p11 and 2.1.0.p12 cee
OS version: RedHat 7 and Windows 10, Windows Server 2016

Problem description: After we updated Checkmk servers from 2.0.0p28 to 2.1.0p11, We are unable to download baked Windows agents from the Bakery page. The download gets stuck on 9.9mb and won’t go any further. Downloading a Linux agent (with the same hash) the same way does work well.
As I still had a Checkmk server with a 2.0.0p18 installation at that point, I tried to download an Windows agent from there, and it did work. However, After updating that same server to Checkmk 2.1.0p12, downloading the windows agent didn’t work anymore.

I know we have a very restrictive internet policy on our servers and workstations, but it puzzles me why it did work on a previous version of Checkmk and stops working after upgrading. I did manage to download the necessary agent using this kbpage, but not all of my colleagues have access to the commandline of our (Checkmk) servers.

The size of the download doesn’t matter, I am able to download other larger *.msi files from the internet for example.

So, has anything changed in the new Windows agents that could trigger our download restriction policy? Or do others experience the same problem with their checkmk 2.1.0p11 or later bakery?

1 Like

I am still struggling with this issue. In the meantime we’ve updated Checkmk to I finally had the time to experiment with the API, in the hope the issue only exists with manual downloading somehow. Unfortunately also with the API the issue is there.

I used the following Powershell script:

$outfile = "check_mk_agent.msi"

$url = "http://$server/check_mk/api/1.0/domain-types/agent/actions/download_by_host/invoke"

$headers = @{
            Authorization="Bearer $username $cmkPassword"
            Accept='application/octet-stream'
            }

$requestBody = @{
        agent_type="generic"
        os_type="windows_msi"
    }

Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $url -Headers $headers -Method Get -Body $requestbody -OutFile $outfile -ErrorAction Stop

The download gets stuck at “numbers of bytes written: 10421732” and won’t complete.
I did some further testing too:

• Downloading a Linux_rpm package (17MB) is no problem
  • Problem still exists with Checkmk 2.1.0p14

So what has changed in the MSI file for the Windows agents that causes this?

Same Problem here. I’m trying to download via wget at the moment.
Here is a post that might help: How to download the (baked) agent - Checkmk Knowledge Base - Checkmk Knowledge Base

short update:
I found the packages while logging in on the system via ssh.
They are located at /omd/sites/checkmk01/var/check_mk/agents/ at least on the appliance version and with 2.1.0p18

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.