Change default views

hi all,

its possible to change default views for all users at once ?
I want add a column, and this for all users at once.

Regards
Neeloj

You need to write a script which make a sed over all user in ~/var/check_mk/web

Regards, Christian

1 Like

thanks for your answer @ChristianM, so thats the only possible way!
I want to change allservices view, and I think all users have access to this view, and this view is not in user_views.mk by default… hm

If you edit a built-in view and publish it for all users with all your modifications it’ll do you what you need.

Cheers,

Thanks @ricardoftribeiro, Yes that’s what I want, but where is the location ? Path?

Basically the user path that edited or created (owner) that view in ~/var/check_mk/web//user_views.mk
Every view edited or created with the flag “public” : True

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

1 Like

e.g when I edit the allservices and set public: True, all users will see this view, but they will see 2 allservices view or not ?

If it’s the same name like the built-in view all users will see the custom one instead of the buil-in.

As far as I know this behavior will apply to all versions.

But if a user creates a view with the same name like the built-in and doesn’t use puplic he will see his own custom view instead of your custom ‘global’ view.

1 Like

thank you @tosch, yes thats what I want to test now…

Thank you both… it works, by the way you can do that also with a contact_group…not only public

I am on an older version, I don’t have this function yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:smiley: Publish to members of contact groups: to contact group X, so the allservices is for CG X as “default”…