Check_mk distributed monitoring

Hello,
I am trying to setup distributed monitoring in check mk version1.4.0p34 on two centos 7 servers (master and slave). Everything seems to be working well, but when i try to “activate changes” my slave server is getting status “unknown”. I can log on to slave server via “Distributed monitoring”. Servers are in same network and can communicate with each other. I have followed the following documentation to set up “Distributed monitoring”. https://checkmk.com/cms_distributed_monitoring.html
Issue is slave server won’t show status online. I have logged into slave server and confirmed via Site status that site is online. Has anyone had the same issue?

This needs to be fixed first. The error is that the livestatus connection is not possible to the slave. On the slave side is there the livestatus reachable on the default port (6557)?
Can you show how the configuration for your slave looks like inside WATO?

Hello,
Yes. I am using standard port 6557 for LIVESTATUS_TCP_PORT on slave. I am able to see communication from master to slave via tcpdump. My slave configuration under “Distributed monitoring” looks as in the picture.

The configuration looks ok.
The slave site is shown as offline? If yes check if you can reach the port 6557 from the command line of your monitoring host on the slave. You can also test if the URL of your slave is accessible from your monitoring server with curl.

Ok.
I was able to solve this issue by adding slave host to the master host under Wato -> Hosts. Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.