[Check_mk (english)] checkmk_check_ps - command line arguments of the process for Windows

Hi,

From documentation: -
procname - Process specification. This can either be the name of a process as ouput by the agent. It must exactly match the first column of the agents output.
Or - if the string is beginning with a tilde - it is interpreted as a regular expression that must match the beginning of the process line as output by the agent.
For the Linux/UNIX agents this allows you to match specific command line arguments of the process. A third possibility is to set the process name to
None. In that case all processes will match. This is probably only useful if you specify a user name.

We got number of custom Windows applications that we need to monitor running in parallel on the same host – the only way to distinguish between
them is via command line arguments, however check_mk only returns the name of the .exe file in its process list output, so for example if I have 4 instances running – and one crashes – I can’t say which one it is.

I know that command line arguments can be passed via wmic. Only plans to implement it in check_ps?

Thanks,

Mic.

I'd like to know this as well.

Regards,

···

On 3/24/2015 11:45 AM, Samsel, Michael wrote:

Hi,

From documentation: - procname - Process specification. This can either be the name of a process as ouput by the agent. It must exactly match the first column of the agents output. Or - if the string is beginning with a tilde - it is interpreted as a regular expression that must match the beginning of the process line as output by the agent. _For the Linux/UNIX agents this allows you to match specific command line arguments of the process_. A third possibility is to set the process name to *None*. In that case*all*processes will match. This is probably only useful if you specify a user name.

We got number of custom Windows applications that we need to monitor running in parallel on the same host � the only way to distinguish between them is via command line arguments, however check_mk only returns the name of the .exe file in its process list output, so for example if I have 4 instances running � and one crashes � I can�t say which one it is.

I know that command line arguments can be passed via wmic. Only plans to implement it in check_ps?

Thanks,

Mic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------