[Check_mk (english)] Notification In Distributed Systems (RAW)

Hi,

For the devices conected in to the slaves we are unable to receive email notifications from the devices connected to the slaves, acording to the documentation about this topic we can use two methods, the Centralised or decentralised.

Currently im ussing the RAW edition, version 1.6.0p15 running on my slaves and also the master.

For the Centralised configuration is onli available on the CEE, so im trying to use the Decentralised configuration, but the documentation just mention this:

And if i check the notifications rules documentation just mention this:

It refers me back to the first documentation (Distributed Monitoring)

In my conditions im ussing the Match Site option:

and i unclude all my slaves and master to selected, The notifications from Master are working well.

Can someone please help me with this situation?

Thank you.

I think You don’t need the match site option.

The default behavior is the following.

• every site sends the mail to the local MTA and this MTA will then deliver the mail.

As you read correctly with the CEE version you can forward the message to the central system before it is processed by your MTA.

Can you have a look at the log files of your MTA on one of the slaves if there is an error or some other messages?

Hi @andreas-doehler,

For MTA your refer to the Mail transfer agent right that is the same for the postfix configuration.

I just have this configuration on my Master, it is necessary set the same configuration for all my Slaves?

I’m asking because unfortunately for these slaves I can’t access for the network configuration to set the rules in the another applications for the notifications, or maybe just creating the postfix rules on the server slave is necessary.

Thank you for your time!

If you use the CRE version then you need to configure your MTA (postfix, sendmail and so on) on every slave.

The only possible centralized notification with CRE can be done over the EventConsole.
But this is a complete own topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @andreas-doehler

Understood, there is a documentation for the MTA ?

I’m just trying to understand if the configuration change comparing with the Master postfix configuration.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.