Check_MK (MULTY SITES - SLAVE ENCRYPTION ISSUE)

Hi,

I have a problem when i try to encrypt the communication betwen my Slaves and master, i already perform these task:

From version 1.6.0 Livestatus connections between the master and a slave can be encrypted. For newly-created instances nothing further needs to done, as Checkmk takes care of the necessary steps automatically. As soon as you then use omd config to activate Livestatus, encryption is also automatically activated by TLS

The configuration of distributed monitoring therefore remains as simple as it has been up to now. For new connections to other instances the option Encryption is then automatically enabled.

After you add the remote instance, you will notice two things – firstly, the connection is marked as encrypted by this new icon. And secondly, Checkmk will tell you that the CA will no longer trust the remote instance. Click on to get to the details of the certificates used. A click on lets you conveniently add the CA via the web interface. Then both certificates will be listed as trusted:

When y try withow encryoption the slave is working good, buen when i made these steps for the configuration, the slave change the online status for

Unhandled exception: Malformed output. Livestatus TCP socket might be unreachable or wrongencryption settings are used.

And the yellow shield show this message:

The livestatus connection to this site configured not to be encrypted.

Can some one please tell me what i need to do to encrypt my slaves, im ussing the version: [Checkmk 1.6.0p15] in the master and slaves.

Thank you.

Hi Gustavo,

did you follow the steps described in our manual?

BR

Anastasios

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.