Check_MK plugins missing

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but my Check_MK installation seems to be missing plugins that should be included.

I have just updated to check-mk-raw-1.6.0p17, and one of the things I would like to be able to do is to monitor our Jenkins build queue.

The documentation says that the Jenkins agent is an official part of Check_MK, but I cannot find any trace of it anywhere; there are no plugins for it under /share/check_mk/agents/plugins, and I cannot see it (or find it using search) in the Catalog of Check Plugins in WATO.

I don’t know whether I’m doing something wrong or missing something obvious, but would appreciate any pointers to help me find those missing plugins.

Jenkins plugins are contained in an Optional extension package (which comes with checkmk).
Go to WATO → Extension Packages and click that plug symbol on the left to install it.

Thank you for that, though after further reading, Extension Packages only appears in WATO for Enterprise Editions.

That did get me on the right track to find what I needed in the documentation, though:

To install a package in the Checkmk Raw Edition you can use the command line as usual. You can find the MKPs under ~share/check_mk/optional_packages/.

(from Checkmk extension packages (MKPs) - Integrating extensions from the community into Checkmk)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.