Check_mk with Grafana

Hi all,
I see several times in this forum, topics related to integrating check_mk in grafana, but I’ve never watched the opposite, is there anyone that had implemented this integration?

Thanks in advance,

So what is it exactly you want to achieve? Pull data from grafana into checkmk and show it in checkmk?

I’ve a check_mk monitorization in place for on premise infraestructure and for cloud there is a grafana solution with influxdb and telegraf, but is nor working as it should.
Since that, I would like to know the solutions I have for monitoring the cloud infrastructure.
I know that with check_mk agent it would be possible.

The big question is, Can I use check_mk somehow to grab the information from grafana, influxdb or telegraf and show it in check_mk? And then off course I would build alarms on top of that.

Thanks in advance

I’m not aware of anything out of the box to pull data from grafana, influxdb or telegraf. But since you’re saying that the before mentioned tools are not working as they should: does it even make sense to use their data as a basis or would it be better to use i.e. the checkmk kubernetes integration and other plugins to get the data directly? (otherwise wouldn’t you be doing shisho - shit it, shit out?)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.