CheckMK 2.0.0p1 trouble with new bakery API / WATO ruleset folder location

Hi folks,

I have installed CheckMK 2.0.0p1 and I’m currently migrating to new bakery API according to the given documentation that is shipped with CheckMK (/[SITENAME]/check_mk/plugin-api/apidoc/cmk/cmk.base.cee.plugins.bakery.bakery_api.html)

The documentation states, that the WATO ruleset definition for the agent configuration should be placed in to the following directory:

• ~/local/lib/check_mk/gui/cee/plugins/wato/agent_bakery/[…].py

But when placing my existing bakery ruleset definition to this location it will not considered at all. So I looked for the same location directly under ~/lib/check_mk/gui/cee/plugins/wato/agent_bakery/ and saw, that there is a subdirectory called “rulespecs” which contains all ruleset definitions for the bakery, so i created the directory “rulespecs” under my local directory as well, but still no success.

Can give me anybody a hint, which location is correct and what needs to be done to get the bakery rulesets working within the new folder structure?

It works fine at the old location ~/local/share/check_mk/web/plugins/wato

Thanks

BR
Markus

It’s a bug in the documentation. The new path has not been implemented yet.

2 Likes

In addition to what r.sander said:

The bug in the documentation has already been fixed in the daily build of Checkmk. This correction will, of course, also be visible in Checkmk 2.0.0p2.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Thank you very much for your support!

As I was implementing the new WATO API, the documentation stated, that I should import the Value-Spec objects via:

from cmk.gui.ValueSpec import …

But this leaded to an ImportError. The correct import is:

from cmk.gui.valuespec import …

Best Regards

Markus

Hi Markus,

thanks for reporting this issue. I corrected it and the change will be visible as of tomorrow (April 9th 2021).

This specific part is still being translated, so it is not yet visible in the English version.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.