CheckMK Agent Update register fails

**CMK version:Checkmk Free Edition 2.1.0p7
OS version: RedHat 7.9

Error message:

AgentUpdate: last_check None last_update None aghash None pending_hash None update_url https://checkmk.famous-supply.com/Corp/check_mk error The agent updater is not registered at the deployment server

I installed the Baked and Signed Agent from our Demo CheckMK server appliance on our Redhat 7.9 server and I have the above error warning and cannot seem to successfully run

cmk-update-agent register

2022-08-07 12:34:22,679 ERROR: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /Corp/check_mk/login.py (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(“bad handshake: Error([(‘SSL routines’, ‘tls_process_server_certificate’, ‘certificate verify failed’)])”)))

we are using a wildcard cert for the appliance. Not sure if I need to install that on the client due to the fact it is a valid cert just issued earlier this year.

Hi.

You need to use the optin “-x” (insecure) if you have self-sign certificates in use. Yoiu can find this options by running “cmk-update-agent register --help” . Please try this.

Rg, Christian

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.