Checkmk Integration with 3rd Party Incident/Ticketing Tool

Hello,

I am working on a project where the idea is to integrate Checkmk monitoring data with the 3rd party Incident/Ticketing tool to create and update incident tickets automatically.

As I can see in the Checkmk notifications setting, they have few integrations like ServiceNow among others. To be clear I would want to integrate Checkmk with HP Service Center/Service Manager. How can this be implemented?

These integrations are done via custom notification plugins: Notifications - via Email, SMS, Ticketsystems and more

2 Likes

For HP Service Center i think you don’t need to make something new. Create tickets can be handled with the existing mail connector inside HP Service Center. I had one customer with the same software and i was only sending ascii mail with a defined body format.

Where i cannot help with information is the “update existing ticket” part.

Hi,

most of the Ticket Tools provide a RestAPI to handle Incidents. Normaly they use JSON structure and Post request to receive data. This is a better way to integrate ITSM Tickets. It’s more flexible as E-Mail Connectors.Most of the time you need to adapt some Fields within the connector, so JSON ist fine for that.

Regards, Christian

1 Like

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply.

To be more clear, we use CheckMK 1.6 for the monitoring and HP Service Center 3 for the ticketing. The integration with SC3 can only be implemented through Group Service Bus (SOAP Service). The email reader option is disabled by the organization for some reason. So the email notification to the SC3 will not work here.

Hello Mr.Christian,

Thanks for your reply.

To be more clear, we use CheckMK 1.6 for the monitoring and HP Service Center 3 for the ticketing. The integration with SC3 can only be implemented through Group Service Bus (SOAP Service). The email reader option is disabled by the organization for some reason. So the email notification to the SC3 will not work here.

Is there a way where I can send notification into the GSB interface which will then take care of creating the ticket in SC3?

Yes, you will have to implement the client to that interface in a notification plugin as mentioned earlier: Checkmk Integration with 3rd Party Incident/Ticketing Tool - #2 by r.sander

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.