Checkmk parameters

Hi,

I am trying to get “Service alternative display name” in subject of the HTML mail. The parameter for default service name is “$SERVICEDESC$”. Similarly I would like to know the value to be passed for Service alternative display name. Already tried with “display_name”-not working.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1. Go to WATO → Notifications
  2. Click on the “Analyse” button in the row at the top.
  3. Then click on the middle icon (“Show / hide notification context”) in any line of the “Recent notifications (for analysis)”.

This should give you a table with all the variables available in that context.

You probably want SERVICEDISPLAYNAME.

1 Like

Hi Martin,
As suggested I passed SERVICEDISPLAYNAME variable in subject and its returning in empty value. I have placed the rule in the specifice service with Service alternative display name. Not sure what am missing here.

Is there any possibility to change this default Service_desc “Check_mk” to original windows service name “CheckmkService” . Please advise on this as I am trying to get the exact service name in html mail notification.

Perhaps your installation is different from mine (version, edition, language, … just a guess). I must admit however, that I didn’t try this myself - just saw the context summary in the message analysis.

Did you try the steps I gave to find the right variable name? Can you analyse this specific notification (with the empty variable in the subject) to see the context of that specific message?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.