Cmk-agent-ctl howto?

cmk-agent-ctl seems to work fine. (output below)

cmk-agent-ctl status
Version: 2.1.0p24
Agent socket: operational
IP allowlist: any

Connection: p01.company.com:8002/pr1
UUID: 49a80679-eb31-42ad-8c84-a09a86205c88
Local:
Connection type: pull-agent
Certificate issuer: Site ‘pr1’ local CA
Certificate validity: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 14:50:16 +0000 - Tue, 24 Jul 3021 14:50:16 +0000
Remote:
Connection type: pull-agent
Registration state: operational
Host name: p01

Now my question is how do update my agents? In the past I simply registered my hosts with cmk-update-agent register
and the update worked fine. Now I get the following error:

Version: 2.1.0p24, OS: linux, TLS is not activated on monitored host (see details), Update error: HTTPSConnectionPool and the update fails (!)

So my question is how can I update in the new mode without falling back into any legacy mode. I simply want to use the new mode and no legacy mode. Can I still automatically update the agents??

I am really confused about the documentation from tribe29. It seems to me as if there is a mixture in between legacy and new client.

What’s confusing here is that cmk-agent-ctl just handles registration of the Agent Controller to the Receiver (for TLS encrypted transport of monitoring data). To register for the Agent Updater you still have to use cmk-update-agent register.

We are currently in the process to check how we can handle both tasks with a unified command in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.