CMK error after upgrading site to 2.0 - missing include file

I set up a test site with version 2.0 from my production site that is runnning 1.6.0p19. When I use cmk I get the following error:

Error in check include file /omd/sites/mpw/local/share/check_mk/checks/temperature.include: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/omd/sites/mpw/local/share/check_mk/checks/temperature.include’

I’m thinking it might have something to do with a plugin I wrote for a temperature sensor.

How do I get rid the error message?

Jepp the check has to transfer to Python3

Did you modify fan.include and temperature.include?
Move these to files out of /omd/sites/YourSite/local/share/check_mk/checks/ to /tmp and try again.

Greets

Hi,
you can copy then temperature.include from 1.6 to ~/local/share/check_mk/checks as a temporary solution here. I think after this you can use your own checks as expected.
Cheers,
Christian

1 Like

No modifications to fan.include or temperature.include. However, neither of them are present in 2.0.

I copied temperature.include from 1.6 to ~/local/share/check_mk/checks and I no longer get the error. Thanks!

In 2.0 the new check API is introduced. That means that all old dependecies (*.include) not longer exist in share/check_mk/checks.
If you have your own check plugins, you need to be aware about this problem. As I wrote, the easies way to solve this, to put all old dependencies to the local path.
Later on, you can write you scripts with the new check API.

Chreers,
Christian

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.