CPU Alerts for WARN/CRIT are not working - Service Monitoring shows "PEND" (screenshot attached)

CMK Version: 1.6.0p9 RAW Edition
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS

Good morning CheckMK community,

I had a question regarding an incident where I didn’t receive an alert for a high cpu load that happened on one of my windows servers and noticed the CPU service in CheckMK show’s it’s reporting data back from the host, but for some weird reason (I’m thinking it has to do with the ruleset) the monitoring CPU service says pending when you open up the host in WATO. (please see picture below)

Would anyone know why this would be occurring? I believe it has to do with the ruleset that’s associated with my windows servers since they all come up as pending, but any help/feedback to this is greatly appreciated.

Any additional information I need to provide to troubleshoot this please let me know.

Cheers.

-Justin

Just to add - In WATO it shows as “PEND” but in the host it’s coming back with the CPU load and looks like when I set the threshold for WARN under the ruleset my windows servers started showing on the dashboard as WARN, so maybe this can be considered a false positive in WATO?

It’s not a false positive inside WATO/Setup. Every check that needs a counter change like the CPU utilization or network interface checks will show as PEND inside WATO/Setup as you get only one value instead of two or three like it is with multiple check intervals outside in the normal check environment.

1 Like

Thank you Andreas! That’s very helpful info, I hope you have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.