CRIT - no unmonitored services found, no vanished services found, no new host labels, [agent] Communication failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused

I am trying to add a new host with this settings in a a fresh install (v2.0.0p6) and this problems appears:

https://imgur.com/a/A5p1B7M

I’ve already disabled firewall in both server and client.

Have you disabled SELinux or apparmor as well?

i have centos8 i disabled firewalld

sudo systemctl disable firewalld

Try sudo setenforce 0 and reinstall the agent and restart xineted

i found this guide:

i disabled and i restarted… still i get the same error

Hallo,
there is a troubleshooting section in the manual.
in short telnet IP client Port 6556 must work

Ralf

Thanks! i am sorry for this delay i was out of office this days.

AFTER so MUCH personal effort i finally took the answers needed. Please update setup tutorial of the installation to include this topic.

This is an agentless - snmp v1 - query of a host.

Step 1:
There is nothing to do about server setup the only thing you have to do is to disable this rule → Setup - Services - Catalog of check plugins - Applications - Checkmk - Checkmk: Discovery Procedure, which is bound to execute each time you create a new host. This rule generates errors if you dont disable it.

Step 2:
Enable SNMP Service in Windows Clients. This is a tutorial that helped me: https://theitbros.com/snmp-service-on-windows-10/. Don’t forget to add a community name public with READ ONLY permissions.

Hello
i think the setup guide is already well documented.
Your original post lacks the following details:

1. That the host you want to monitor is a Windows host
  2. That you want to monitor it via SNMP (for whatever reason)

Your provided screenshot also lacks these details, the only thing which came in my mind first place was: “How the heck can somebody use “it” as hostname, and not provide AN IP for it, so i must assume that this host can be resolved via DNS?”
Also your screenshot clearly expresses that you have enabled the Checkmk Agent and disabled SNMP (Section “Monitoring Agents”).
Also you reveal that you did not enable SNMP in Windows until your last post.

With all that information missing, how can one assume to get proper help?
Also, monitoring Operating Systems via SNMP is always the worst possible option, because its slow, inaccurate and a security flaw if not configured properly.

Please, for your upcoming posts, add more details about your environment, otherwise the only thing we could do is buying ourselves a glass bowl and look into it to guess your setup

Nevermind
Thomas

I am sorry i never meant to be offensive rather than informative.

The service check_mk_discovery is being added automatically and it keeps running even if you add an IP or a router, even a Windows client or not, until you disable this rule manually. This service is trying to reach for an agent and it throws an error.

This agent can be installed only in a small portion of the monitored devices in an infrastructure this is why i am using SNMP.

Thanks for your patience!

Hi
the Checkmk Discovery is added to every data source, independent from its type. I.e. Agent, API or SNMP. If you’d have configured your setup correctly from the beginning (i.e. SNMP for your host it) then Checkmk woudl also have added it, because it tries to determine whats going on on this host (-> what monitoring is about). If you’d only monitor the host with Ping, (only UP and DOWN states), then you’d have to disable all options in “Monitoring Agents” section

BR

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.