Default Service Tag cannot be set

Okay this may be a use-case (for you) but what if multiple customers use a host/service and should be called?

BTW: I’m still waiting for the information from internally regarding deprecation of service tags…

First you say nobody got a use-case and now your argument is that someone could have another use-case? Wow… I can’t follow the logic of tribe29…

2 Likes

I did not say someone has another use-case, but wanted to give you an example that does not work at all using tags, just regarding “your” use-case.

Why not using custom host/service attributes, which can be shown in seperate columns?

Wow… all the time excuses and they are not even built on facts…

But till now nobody was able to define a use-case with current implementation.

…that is what you said.

If you would just implement service tags the same way like host tags work then this would work! And it doesn’t matter who else has another use-case because no one had one so far as you said.

Can’t believe how your work with your customers… If we would do that with our customers… they would be same pissed like I am with your software. But except of you - our company sets focus on customer. And please don’t come now with that you can’t set focus on each customers wish because that it is not what I am talking about!
There are many good things in your software and I don’t complain about that each plugin is working but it’s about fundamental things which we cannot work with. And if others can work with it then they probably don’t use all the features.

Here another statement of your colleagues regarding the colorizing of SLA reports:

Das Einfärben für ganze Texte machen wir bei Reports prinzipiell nicht, da dies nach unserer Erfahrung im Ausdruck nicht gut funktioniert

And now have a look at your own “Availability Report” …

Custom attributes are free to define and set so everyone could write anything. For example one is then write “Team Linux” the other one is writing “Linux” and so on. For TAGS you got a list to choose from so its more clear and its same for all.

But yeah if that implementation is so difficult for you then we probably need to use attributes…

3 Likes

…this is how tribe29 do their job…

Its not a bug - its a feature - features you need to pay for :roll_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

Why not implement the missing functions so that customers can use the service tags to their full extent?

2 Likes

Hi guys,

sorry for the late reply.

As metioned, service tags are missing some functionality compared to host tags.
AFAIK we do not have any plans to change that. But I may be wrong…

You’re right @matze218, it’s not seen as bug, but as missing feature. There’s a request by @LaSoe already which you may upvote. That’s the way it’s currently done.
I cannot change this workflow personally, but am sure you understand that.

BR,
Marsellus W.