Disable all Checks during time period

Hello,

Im testing Checkmk for our new monitoring system. I have one problem I cant solve by myself, maybe someone has a solution for that:

Two servers are only online over night 00:00-08:00 (backup stuff)
I defined time periods and I was able to disable certain checks during the day.
But checkmk show them during the day “host problems (unhandled)” as offline / down. And Service Problems “Service: Check_MK (Communication failed…)” thats true but I dont want to have any of this warnigs during the day, checkmk should only check in the night.
Is there an option / easy way to disable everything in the communty edition?

Thank you!

Hi @zitlo and welcome to the Forum!

Yes, CheckMK has a solution for everything! :slight_smile: You can schedule “downtime”
for the host(s) services in question. Please take a look in the official documentation,
in this section:

HTH,
Thomas

Hey @openmindz ,

thank your for your reply.
I did read this manual before, and I saw this one here basic_downtimes, but I want to have a regular downtime and this is only avaible for the enterprise edition, right?
" * If you use the Checkmk Enterprise Editions, you can also define regular maintenance times (for example, due to a mandatory reboot once a week)."

Yes @zitlo, indeed:
Regularly scheduled downtimes are only available in CEE.

Thanks.

Maybe I can solve this via cronjob or something.

Hi @zitlo

You’re welcome. Perhaps, yes… A brief Internet search does reveal some
possibilities to do that as far as I can see. Since all of them do refer to Nagios
though, you may need to adapt whichever solution you can find, to work with CheckMK.

Alternatively, you could always buy a subscription for a CEE… It’s not that
expensive, and you won’t regret it… :slight_smile:

Thomas

Have you used the rulesets “Check period for active services”, “Check period for passive Check_MK services” and “Check period for hosts” to configure the timeperiod?

@openmindz Thanks, I will check the rates for CEE.

@r.sander Yes I have them active, but that not solves the problem completely. Some checks still appear on my dashboard.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.