Down event mails are not sent

Hi,
We setup notifications to be sent out when when a down event occurs. SMS notifications are sent out correctly but the problem is that no e-mail is sent out. Other events like an up event works properly : emails are sent out. What could be the problem ?

Thanks for assisting in troubleshooting this issue.

Best regards

Joeri

Hi,
did you check your notification rules. Please look at the status changes of host events for mail.You need:
OK ->DOWN
UNKN -> DOWN
aso.

Cheers,
Christian

1 Like

Hi Christian,
I think we have the correct notifications rules installed (see attached screenshot).

So I think when an device that is UP goes DOWN, then the email should be sent. The other way around works well (from DOWN to UP).
We’re running Checkmk v1.6.0p11.

What could be the issue ?
Thanks
Joeri

Hi,
did you use parents in check_mk? If yes, you need UNREACHABLE -> UP and UNREACHABLE --> DOWN. When you look at the Host&Service Notification of the down Host. Which state is given before the host coming up again?
You can also try any -> UP.
Cheers,
Christian

Hi,
We are indeed using parent folders, so I’ve also added your recommendation for UNREACHABLE -> UP and UNREACHABLE -> DOWN. The state that is given before the host coming up again is DOWN.
Lets see if it works with your recommendation now.
Best regards,

Joeri

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.