Downtimes and omd restart

2.1.0p9
SLES15 SP3

Hi,
I’ve noticed that scheduled downtimes are not kept if omd is restarted. Do you know if there is a way to adjust this behavior ? With version 1.6 downtimes “survived” to omd restart.
Thanks for your help.

more details : when omd is started it indicates that 0 downtime was saved. How are saved the states when omd is stopped ?

cmc.log:2022-08-08 17:48:00 [5] [core 18907] loaded saved program state with 606 hosts, 539 services, 0 comments, and 0 downtimes in 1.95759 ms

Hi ITCS,
that looks rather odd, never heard of such an issue, but maybe something with your cmc’s state file is wrong…

Do you see any other messages when a) creating the downtimes or b) during the core shutdown when doing an omd restart?

Also, what does “ls -lh ~/var/check_mk/core/” run by the omd user return? (please use the code section ;))

Please find below the result of the ls command :

OMD[uat2]:~/var/check_mk/core$ ls -lh ~/var/check_mk/core/
total 6.7M
drwxr-x--- 2 uat2 uat2   58 Aug  7 00:00 archive/
-rw-rw---- 1 uat2 uat2 802K Aug  8 18:06 config.pb
drwxr-x--- 3 uat2 uat2   48 Aug  8 18:07 helper_config/
-rw-rw---- 1 uat2 uat2 4.8M Aug  9 08:58 history
-rw-rw---- 1 uat2 uat2 714K Aug  9 08:56 state.pb
OMD[uat2]:~/var/check_mk/core$

Finally I’ve created a new site and it’s working …

Issue is back. Do we have a way to debug the save state of the hosts/services, edit/view the config.pb or state.pb files in ~/var/check_mk/core ?

Core Debugging is very much non-standard debugging, I’d suggest opening a support case with tribe29 for this.

With debug mode and run interactively I’ve seen the CMC errors when trying to save the state of the services:

[libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/wire_format_lite.cc:577] String field 'checkmk.cmc.state.v1.StateCheckResult.output' contains invalid UTF-8 data when serializing a protocol buffer. Use the 'bytes' type if you intend to send raw bytes.

→ I’ve found that the check_http plugin doesn’t handle correctly the http response with french caracters:

HTTP OK: HTTP/1.1 302 D▒plac▒ Temporairement - 285 bytes in 0.012 second response time |time=0.012105s;;;0.000000;10.000000 size=285B;;;0

“D▒plac▒ Temporairement” is “Déplacé Temporairement”.

Does somebody knows if there is a way to handle more thant UTF-8 caracters with this plugin ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.