Emails alerts getting stuck in Queue

CMK version:2.1.0p16
OS version: CheckMK appliance

Hello everyone,

I have 9 appliances. All of them were working just fine,
Out of nowhere 7 out 9 of my appliances start getting emails stuck in the queue and we stopped receiving alerts from hosts monitored in those appliances.
The weird part is that every single appliance is configured the same way, the only thing that changes are the hosts monitored (as the appliances are separated by country).

What I tried so far:

• Cleared the queue and tried to send a test email and immediately got put in queue and didn’t send.

• Clear RRD files as /omd was getting close to 90%. The issue remained.

• Updated to the newest version of checkmk . The issue remained

Can’t seem to resolve the issue and my exchange/office guys say that on their part is all alright

Any reason why you haven’t looked into the logs yet?

1 Like

Tried to do that on the log file in webconfig but the filters are not working, I cant turn off the filters for some reason and there is much information block my view from the email log files

How can I access the email log files by cli?

Coming to a dead end. Cant seem to pin point the problem
@andreas-doehler did it ever occurred this?

Sorry to bother

Hi,

You can take a look at the log under /var/log/syslog and search for nullmailer.

Can you upload a screenshot of the error getting shown?

Cheers.
Jeronimo

Thanks for the reply,

I believe I fixed it now!
It seems like having Checkmk doesn’t like to have a old version (2.1.0p9) at least the ones I updated so far started working again

What I get on some now in the logs are smtp: Failed: Error completing TLS handshake: Error in the pull function

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.