Enterprise: No timerange for graphs?

Hi,
after upgrading from Raw to Enterprise I cannot set a timerange in graph view.
Like announced for enterprise, the whole graph section is new - but for me it is a painful miss not being able to set a timerange manually. The zooming with mouse wheel is not as good by far (for me).

Or have I overlooked something?

Best regards, oli

Hi @oli170

It’s a little “hidden”, I couldn’t find it myself at first. You need to:

• Click on the “Modify display options” on top, right next to the “Filter” icon.
  • Scroll down, and in the Drop Down menu labeled with “Graph time range” select the option “Date & Time range”

And there you can set the range you want.

HTH,
Thomas

EDIT Corrected my “bad english” above…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Thomas,

ok, that’s indeed a little hidden :wink:
Thank you!

Nevertheless, the old way like in Raw was a bit nicer, imho.

Best regards, oli

1 Like

Ok, but unfortunately this seems not to be possible for graph collections.
In the old way (=Raw) I could throw some graphs easily into my basket and then set a timerange for all graphs in the basket. This was a good way to compare some graphs in a specific timerange on the fly.

Is there a way to do this in Enterprise now?

Best regards, oli

Hi @oli170

Yeah I understand what you mean… I used the “basket” feature last time today: it’s really useful.
This way I could generate one nice PDF for my superiors, with all relevant graphs, in the time range I wanted to have it.

As I understand, the equivalent of the “basket” feature are the “Graph collections” as you pointed out. I haven’t found anything else that seems to fit…

What you can do with a “Graph collection” though, is to add it to a report. I chose “Template for PDF exporting” but I believe you could choose any template (or build an own one). On the page that you’re redirected to, you can click on “General Options” and from there, you can select the “Default time range”, and set up a custom one. I don’t know if there’s a different way to achieve this “live” as with a “normal” view… I’d be interested in that, too.

For me, this is OK, but I agree: the “basket” feature is kinda more straightforward. Perhaps this “workaround” is feasible for you, too, though…

HTH,
Thomas

EDIT: Slight rephrasing of statement above

Thank you, Thomas.
You are right, I can build a report of the graph collection and then change the time range, then generate the report. But then I have a fixed report, where I cannot change anything, like zooming in and out, go back to custom time range and so on.

Graph collections and generating reports automatically are good tools, but personally I would wish, I could get back the basket functions.

Best regards, oli

Hi @oli170

You’re most welcome. I have to say, that I agree with you though: A simple “modify display options” button in the “Graph Collections”, as it exists on a “normal” Graph page, would come in handy. If no other (more experienced) member of this forum can point you and me to something glaringly obvious we’re overlooking, I’d proceed in posting a “feature request”.

Thomas

Hey @oli170

I just created a post in the “Feedback” category, here: Modify display options for "Graph Collections" (CEE). Perhaps if it gets enough votes, we’ll get our wish fulfilled by some benevolent tribe29 dev…:slight_smile:

Take care,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

you were faster - thank you very much :wink:
Should be not a big problem for the dev

Best regards, oli

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.