Error running automation call try-inventory (exit code -9)

Hey,

I just started with a clean install of cmk, somehow when I try to add my first host, I get this Error:

Error running automation call try-inventory (exit code -9)

What did I do in detail?
I followed the official Tutorial video (Episode 1: Checkmk installieren und Ihre ersten Hosts überwachen). Everything went fine.
In the Agent Bakery I noticed the first message, with progress info as follows:

Agent baking started...
2020-05-22 18:20:47,880 [40] [cmk.web.automations 3980] Error running 'check_mk --automation bake-agents --' (exit code -9)
2020-05-22 18:20:47,881 [40] [cmk.web.background_process 3980] Exception in background function
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python/cmk/gui/background_job.py", line 205, in _execute_function
    func_ptr(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python/cmk/gui/cee/plugins/wato/agent_bakery.py", line 5220, in bake_agents_background_job
    watolib.check_mk_local_automation('bake-agents')
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python/cmk/gui/watolib/automations.py", line 126, in check_mk_local_automation
    err=errdata)
MKGeneralException: Error running automation call bake-agents (exit code -9)
Exception: Error running automation call bake-agents (exit code -9)

I ignored it in the first place, but when I then tried to add the localhost as first Host like the tutorial explained, the Error-message quoted above appeared, without finishing the progress as it should.

So far, I nowhere could find information about the exit code -9. I hope you can help what could cause this behaviour and how to solve this issue.

Regards,
unixor

CMK-Version: 1.6.0p12
System: CentOS 7 (+ firewalld)

What happens if you modify this command a little bit to cmk --debug -vv --automation bake-agents on the command line?

It actually seems that the problem has been solved.

Unfortunately, I am not able to understand what caused the problem or what exit code -9 means.

Thanks for the quick help anyway.

Some times we had a similar situation where the bake process throws an error and if you directly start a new one, everything works in the next run. We had not further investigate in this, because the restart works for us every time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.