Error SNMP query timed out

Hi!

I need to add SNMP configuration but have certain problems.
A Service “Check_MK Discovery” reports the following error with check_mk Appliance:

“CRIT - no unmonitored services found, no vanished services found, no new host labels, [snmp] SNMP Error on SRV001: SNMP query timed out after 4 tries within 4.00 secondsCRIT”

Inside WAT have this options:

Check_MK Agent → No agent
SNMP → SNMP v2 or v3
SNMP credentials → SNMP community (SNMP Vrsions 1 and 2c)
Password

If I test I see a correct connection with Ping, SNMPv1, SNMPv2c,… but the remote host have a MIB to download.

This is the problem and need to install this MIB’s? In this case, how can I install or added?

Thanks!

You should do the following test on the command line if there is no other error message inside the web frontend.

cmk --debug -vvI HOSTNAME now you should see the connection attempt with SNMP and if there is no connection possible you should see an error message.
It is possible that your device is answering on the first OIDs but has problems with some OIDs that are later in the OID tree.

Just to make sure you didn’t misinterpret the message:
The service detail includes multiple parts. The service as a whole is in state CRIT, but you need to check in the status detail to see which part actually causes this. Inside the status detail, a “WARN” or “CRIT” tag is shown directly after the relevant part.

In your case, the problem is not the “no unmonitored services” you had mentioned in this topic subject, but the SNMP timeout. I have edited the topic subject accordingly.

Cheers
Martin

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.