Errormessage when to apply changes to distributed setup

Hi,

after upgrading to 2.0.0 cee I get the errormessage “Failed to create site config directory” when I try to apply changes to our distributed setup. I do not know which directory is the problem.

Is anybody here who can help me please?

Thanks in advance.
Marcel

All sites already upgraded to 2.0? If you have one slave left with 1.6 then it is possible that such error messages appear.

Hi,
please check your web.log in /omd/sites//var/log.
We saw this kind of error with some wrong permissions inside the ~/local path.

BR
Anastasios

2 Likes

Thank you, that helped me. It was a single file inside that path.

hello marcel, hello everybody,
we got the exact same error message after the update from version 1.6 to 2.0 in our distributed environment. The master and all slaves are on version 2.0.

I checked the web.log and could not find eny error relating to a folder or file permission. But i could find a error related to ldap authentication failure. Don’t know if it could have anything to do with the “Failed to create site config directory” error message.

Does anybody have another idea, or maybe a hint what file inside the /local path could cause the problem?

Thank you for your help, best regards Matthias

hello everybody,

after a second look into the web.log the ldap related error didn’t show up again and i could find a error message related to file permission in the /local path.
The problem was caused by a wrong file permission under /local/lib/nagios/plugins.

Problem solved.
Thanks to athomaidis and best regards Matthias

Hey there,

you mentioned that you had wrong file permissions. whats wrong and whats right here?
should it be 755?

would be great to hear from someone!

BR
Steffen

Same issue here after upgrading from CME 2.0.0.p3 to CME 2.0.0.p4.

In my case I had custom files to be deployed with the agent under ~/local/share/check_mk/agents/custom which were owned by root which raised the permission issue. Changing their owner and group to the site user fixed the issue for me. Strangely those files have been there pre-2.0 and never caused an issue.

hello Steffen, hello everyone,

similar as thorian told, the problem was with custom files within the plugin folder.
Im not sure, but in mi case i suspect the problem had to do with the file owner (root vs. check_mk instance user) and for that with the “other” user permission (x vs. rwx).

best regards Matthias

1 Like

Did you solve your problem then?
Permissions should be the lesser issue when owner and group are correct.

hello thorian,

yes the problem is already solved for me, only wrote it for steffen.

br Matthias

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.