Extend option for hosts which instance should monitor them

I like the idea of the customer separation, than the user can automate there task and just add host to the correct folder.
I think you have to understand that we have 50+ customer, where we provide a service (SAAS). The monitoring is only for internal use to meet the SLA-agreement. So CME doesn’t have that more benefits to have (I tested the CME 1.6 version). Besides that for the customer it doesn’t matter if everything is running in one of the other datacenter.

Side note. In our mind creating a site for every customer seem to be to excessive, so we have 1site for every environment and for every datacenter. We have 5 different environment, so then we would get something like:

Main Directory (/)
|_ Internal
    |_ Virtual Machines
        |_ Development environment
            |_ Datacenter1 (monitored at internal_development_dc1_site1)
            |_ Datacenter2 (monitored at internal_development_dc2_site1)
        |_ Second environment 
            |_ Datacenter1 (monitored at internal_second_dc1_site1)
            |_ Datacenter2 (monitored at internal_second_dc2_site1)
        |_ Third environment
            |_ ........
        |_ Fourth environment
            |_ ........
        |_ Production environment
            |_ ........
    |_ Network
       |_ .........
    |_ Appliances
       |_ .........
|_ Customers
    |_ Customer A
        |_ Development environment (monitored at customers_development_dc1_site1)
        |_ Second environment 
            |_ ........
        |_ Third environment
            |_ ........
    |_ Customer B (monitored at site customer_b)
        |_ Development environment (monitored at customers_development_dc2_site1)
        |_ Second environment 
            |_ ........
        |_ Third environment
            |_ ........
    |_ Customer C (bigger one, don't set the site (yet))
        |_ Development environment (monitored at customers_development_dc1_site2)
        |_ Second environment 
            |_ ........
        |_ Third environment
            |_ ........

My goal is to make it easier for the CheckMK admin to monitoring stuff per datacenter. And use as simpel hiera-folder structure for CheckMK internal user for there automation.

There is no problem with the WATO API, just more that within our organization it seems not to work.

For some background we have 2 department, one managing all in the infrastructure (including creating and setup CheckMK as a service for the other department) and one managing all the customer application.

When the application-team is adding host to CheckMK, they don’t care witch CheckMK site is monitoring the host. The infrsatructure-team does care for capacity and performance. Currently we don’t have hiera-folder as above, so we would need to run scheduled automation job. Checking it for ~3000 host in CheckMK and this seems resources intensive. Secondly we need to have a second location (example ansible inventory) to store the information in witch datacenter host are running. Instead of a rule with CheckMK for CheckMK so to speak.