Fileinfo.cfg not baked for AIX agent package

Hi,

I do have a strange issue with the agent bakery (CEE 2.0.0p5). I configured a fileinfo rule (“Count, size and age of files (Linux, Windows)”) for a single file and an AIX host. After baking the AIX package does not contain a /etc/check_mk/fileinfo.cfg.
If I open the linux package for the very same host, it’s in the package, as expected. The manpage for the check describes it to be working with AIX and I found a few examples of users using the fileinfo with AIX.
I did not find any bugs that would describe this as an issue.
Does anyone have a clue what I might have done wrong.

BR
Benjamin

The bakery plugin for that agent plugin currently generates the config only for Linux and Windows systems.

Hi,

thanks. That is disappointing. I hope this is not the general case for plugins and configs for AIX hosts. I will try this out.

BR
Benjamin

If you need better AIX support you need to talk to the tribe29 team.

Yeah, I guess so. :joy: Thanks anyway for clarifying.

This must be a bug in the agent bakery because fileinfo is a basic functionality of the aix agent.

As an alternative you can also use mk_filestats, which will replace fileinfo in the long term.

I guess so. The perl interpreter for fileinfo is part of the agent, just the config is not baked into the agent package. Since there is no automatic package update for AIX hosts anyway, I ended up making my own “bakery” for AIX.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.