FileNotFoundError when trying to use a notification script

CMK version: 2.1.0p17
OS version: AlmaLinux 8.7

Error message:

Hello folks,

I’m trying to integrate checkmk notifications into zammad ticketing system.

Like described here Setup Guide — Zammad Dokumentation, I’ve created the two scripts, made them executable and they are at the right place.

I get the following error in the notify.log, even though the files are there and accessible from root.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/omd/sites/SITE/lib/python3/cmk/base/notify.py”, line 1769, in handle_spoolfile

return call_notification_script(

File “/omd/sites/SITE/lib/python3/cmk/base/notify.py”, line 1652, in call_notification_script

with subprocess.Popen(

File “/omd/sites/SITE/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py”, line 951, in _init

self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,

File “/omd/sites/SITE/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py”, line 1821, in _execute_child

raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/omd/sites/SITE/local/share/check_mk/notifications/zammad-service’

Can anyone help me with that?

They have to be executable by the site user.

2 Likes

It works now. Gave the site user the permission to the files, tried to execute script directly via bash, saw it threw an error and did the following to the file

• Open your shell file on NotePad++ - Click on Edit on Top bar menu, then choose EOL Conversion → Unix(LF) - Now copy this file in your Linux system and it should run without these errors.

Now the notifications are getting into zammad

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.